Monday, June 14, 2010

Another Reminder That Life Is Short

I can't believe that it happened and I didn't know about it until now.

Ever since he served as management editor many years ago of The Gavin Report I have always turned to books, lectures and blogs by Oren for inspiration.

And, so, I went to his website today in search of the inspiration he never failed to deliver and the news that he died of brain cancer in April hit me like a ton of bricks.

Vintage Oren Harari: "Customer satisfaction" is no longer a useful goal for any company that wants sustained competitive advantage. The only way to build customer loyalty is to take your customer to an impossible place."

Oren Harari was 60 years old
.

He took his brief time with us, always turning it into teachable moments.

Do yourself a favor: click on this link and watch a video of him in action five years ago.

No comments: