Monday, July 18, 2005

There HAS To Be a Stunt In This Story Somewhere..

If your listeners love NASCAR, they'll know all about this:

(AP) Tony Stewart climbed the fence in front of the grandstand in what has become his trademark victory celebration.

And a crowd of 100,000 at New Hampshire International Speedway roared its approval Sunday as he grabbed the checkered flag and pumped his fist in the air - just as he did two weeks earlier after a victory at Daytona. He called himself fat then, and this time heaped on more self-deprecating humor.

"Trust me, I'll be glad to be panting like a dog when I get up there," he said. "It's something they like and I'll keep doing it for them."

Stewart said he needs a personal trainer. "I'm probably going to fall and bust my butt before it's over," Tony Stewart said of his victory celebration after Sunday's race. "Yes, I'm still too old and too fat to be doing that stuff," the 34-year-old driver said. "I'm probably going to fall and bust my butt before it's over. I'm glad they let me go through the gate instead of climbing back down."

Stewart started 13th and wound up winning for the third time in four races, passing at will inside and outside in a dominant performance in the New England 300.

No comments: